I hope you enjoy reading this blog post. If you want my team to just do your marketing for you, click here.
Are you agonising over whether to update your website to be mobile optimized or not? By not being mobile-friendly you could be costing your business money and doing more harm than good.
Whether you are an e-commerce site or simply trying to engage your potential customer base, it’s important for people to be able to view your website no matter what device they are using.
Mobile marketing research shows smartphones and tablet traffic now surpasses desktop with many users using only mobile devices to make purchases or complete actions that have been completed on the desktops in the past. The importance of mobile optimisation for digital marketing is paramount, and if you’re not embracing the trend, you could leave your business out in the cold.
If you’re tossing up whether to optimise your website, here’s a few things to consider:
- Google prioritises mobile optimised websites – need we go on?! This in itself should be enough of a reason to give you the motivation to ensure your site is mobile-friendly. Since April 2015, the Google algorithm has been prioritising mobile optimised sites that can be viewed on mobile search results. On top of this, being mobile optimised opens your site to more people performing a mobile search and you can reach more customers.
- Mobile users are more impulsive – mobile users are usually customers that want the information about a product or service stat and their buying behaviour often means that if sites are simple to navigate they will undertake impulse buys and make decisions to spend when they are out and about as opposed to desktop users who might take more time to make their buying decisions and undertake thorough research.
- Improved user experience – there is nothing worse than visiting a website on your mobile device and not being about to access the information you are looking for. Being mobile-friendly allows for a better user experience, and happy customers usually will share their experience. You will also be seen as modern and cutting-edge, rather than a dinosaur that turns people off due to the poor user experience.
- Being mobile means more traffic – these days people use their mobile phones on the bus, travelling on the train to work, watching TV or waiting in a queue with stats showing that being mobile will ensure your website gets more traffic. If your potential customers are searching on their handheld device and can’t experience your website properly your ranking will suffer and so will engagement activities.
- Increased conversions and reduction of bounce rate – it’s often hard to view a website that is not mobile optimised, and the content and call to actions can often be all over the shop which leads to a frustrating website experience. Being mobile optimised means that the CTA is clearly visible and content is correctly viewable to capture conversions. On top of this content that is mobile optimised and easy to read will reduce your website bounce rate.
If you’re tossing up whether you need to optimise your website, it’s important to ensure you are evolving with the times and embracing the digital world otherwise you could be missing out on traffic and potential sales. If you’re not sure if your website is mobile optimised click here for a test tool.
Focus on ensuring quick load times, ensuring your content is easy to read, your website is easy to navigate and you are providing the best possible user experience and you’ll be onto a winner.
To find out more reasons why you need to ensure your WordPress website is mobile optimised contact the expert web design and development team from ChillyBin today.
ChillyBin specialise in building amazing websites powered by WordPress and the Genesis Framework and can create a mobile optimised site for your business that will help grow your business.