Did you know that 60 percent of businesses who blog articles report acquiring more customers? The fact is, updating a blog regularly can greatly enhance your business as it can provide you with more sales, better SEO, and it can give your company a voice.
But hold on just a second. If 60 percent of businesses report finding more customers, and blogging is supposed to be a great marketing strategy for everyone, what happened to the other 40 percent?
How you maintain a blog makes all the difference. Here’s what you should do before, during, and after each blog post to ensure that you get part of that 60 percent.
Before You Start Writing Blog Articles
There are many simple things you should be aware of before you start writing your newest article but it really starts with finding a topic that you think your readers will be interested in. It should not only be something that you feel passionate about but it should also be relevant to your business.
Writing a great article is harder than it seems and it can take a lot of time. If you’d rather focus on other aspects of your business, you may want to consider outsourcing the job to a professional writer.
While You’re Writing Blog Articles
Once you’ve gotten your topic all worked out and you’ve started writing, there are a few other things you’ll want to do before you’re ready to post your article.
Provide a few links in your content. Linking to other articles and websites is a good idea but don’t forget to link to content on your site too. It can strengthen the authority of your website and increase visitor participation.
You may want to consider posing a question at the very end of the article to encourage readers to respond, or provide them with an actionable link to learn more about what you have to offer.
Just before you set your article live on the internet, it definitely needs at least one read-through. Spelling errors and grammatical mistakes can damage your brand’s image. You should edit your article yourself, but it would also be worth your time to ask someone else to proofread it for you.
After You Post the Blog Articles Online
Just because the article is live on the internet doesn’t mean your work is done. There are a few things you can do after posting the article to increase engagement.
Post your article on Facebook and Twitter. Include an engaging image and a sentence or phrase that captures the essence of the article. Many social media followers will click the link and read an article that they wouldn’t have known existed otherwise. You should also plan to send the article to your email subscribers. And of course, don’t forget to respond to questions and comments!
Maintaining a blog is hard work. If you’d rather leave it to someone else, hire the experts at ChillyBin. We’ll make sure every article works for you and your business.
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. If you want my team to just do your marketing for you, click here.