I hope you enjoy reading this blog post. If you want my team to just do your marketing for you, click here.
Small on Capital, Big on Time
Why small business should leverage on the marketing benefits of social media atop website development
In this day and age, new businesses tend to approach a website developer company to help them set-up that all-important website as a first step to securing an online presence. But have they thought about investing in social media? No, it isn’t going to burn another hole in their bottom-line – probably only a fraction as compared to what they’d pay for their website anyhow. If you are a small business owner who has just embarked on the uncertain seas of entrepreneurship and wants to understand the benefits of social media , do read on.
In the 2011 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, authored by Michael Stelzner, 88% of small business marketers surveyed found social media helped them get increased exposure. Just for clarity sake, when we say social media, we’d like to think of these four: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogs. Here are FIVE benefits that should get you interested:
- Relatively Cheaper – Setting up a social media account costs companies next to zero in terms of initial outlay, lest one purchases premium packages or places ads (which is still recommended as an alternative to expensive above-the-line options).
- Establish Relationships – Through constant engagement, your company’s brand name would be able to establish intangible trust with potential customers.
- Exposure – No, you don’t have to spend big marketing dollars to break through the clutter. Think about it. As of Q4 2013, 618 million people use Facebook every day. It’s a market ripe for plucking.
- Catch ‘em on the Move – Facebook’s mobile user base increased to 680 million in 2012. Take the local SMRT subway train. What are people doing while travelling?
- Referrals – People know you, they like you, they recommend you. What’s more, it doesn’t have to be merely one person. A person’s “wall” post reaches out to their entire contact base of friends.
So here’s the catch. Yes, as a new business, you don’t have a humongous marketing budget. For some, even non-existent we dare say. Most of it probably would have gone to your local web designer in Singapore whom you’d have approached for design consultancy with regards to your website. But look on the bright side. You’re time rich! In fact, time investment is one key factor in determining whether you succeed in the social media realm. Engagement is very much a human process. No algorithm or artificial intelligence can possibly “connect” as intuitively as the human mind. Six hours a week. Keep that discipline and you’ll start to see results. It might not come immediately but it’s the inevitable. Make social media an indispensible aspect of your online web development strategy! Get in touch with ChillyBin if you would like to explore the benefits of Social Media for your small business. What social media tips and tricks have you used? let us know in the comments.
Ready to take your website to the next level? Get in Touch