I hope you enjoy reading this blog post. If you want my team to just do your marketing for you, click here.
Somewhere between the backing-up and restoration of a clients MySQL WordPress database we picked up some strange characters. Rather than having to go through by hand to edit them out, we used a nice SQL snippet to do a full-database search and replace.
update [table_name] set [field_name] =
So in this case, to get rid of these weird “Ã‚Â” characters, we ran the statement
update wp_posts set post_content = replace(post_content,'Ã‚Â','');
Worked perfectly for us, it should for you as well.