One thing all successful businesses thrive on is having a point of difference. What makes you stand out from your competitors? It’s a magnet that brings customers to your door and also keeps them coming back. You not only want their business, but their ongoing loyalty.
Here’s a powerful way to make the connection and keep your customers brimming with satisfaction: say thank you!
Thank You is a powerful word in business and one that gets overlooked so often. With so many companies out there asking for something (begging, pleading, commanding!), it’s refreshing, rewarding and impacting when you go out of your way to give something back.
Thanking your customers is a sure way to stand out from the crowd and have them feeling great. It’s also something you can be really creative about because they can be personalised, customized and tailor-made to suit your business and what your customers need.
Reward customer loyalty, take the time to show your appreciation and have a little fun, all while building an incredible business relationship that will pay off for years to come.
Above all, be authentic and genuine about what you say and how you say it. If it sounds cheap and forced, it will look like more marketing and they are likely to ignore you. When you truly value your customers and say so authentically, they will return the favour and return to your business time and time again.
Thanking your customer builds trust
Trust is the real value in your business relationships. Without it, everything else fails. Your customers need to believe in you and know that you support them. When you reach out and demonstrate that you genuinely care about them, you strengthen their trust in your business.
When they trust you, they will be happy to refer your business to others.
Word of mouth referrals
Referrals are not only the cheapest way to build your business, they are also the most proven. When someone they know and trust has recommended you, that potential new customer is more likely to go ahead and jump right in.
When you take the time to say thank you to your customers it not only improves their loyalty, but also their trust so they are more likely to be thinking about your services when chatting to their friends and family, “why don’t you try the people I use, they’re the best!”
Here’s another thing many businesses overlook, what their customers actually want. An amazing bonus of saying thankyou is that you are also opening your ear to hear your customers out. You are presenting yourself as someone willing and able to care about them.
Now that you have made that listening space with your thank you message, be sure to utilise it. Really hear what they are saying to you and solve their business-related problems with your services or product. Again, be genuine about this, if your product doesn’t fit, create one that does or pass them on to someone you know can help.
By taking the time to thank your customers, you open your ear to learn so much about what they want.
And the final way that thanking your customers gives back to your business is through social media activity. Sending them something powerful, unique and thoughtful will be sure to get the sharing, tagging and emoji-ing all over.
For example, if you send flowers or a hamper to a client to say thank you, they’re likely to share the joy of receiving a gift across their business and personal social media channels, putting your name in front of more potential customers.
Getting it perfect.
Take the time to get the message you want to send perfected. You only have one shot of making a great impression after a sale so you need to put some time and energy into a structure and template that will inspire and delight.
Here are some solid rules to stand by to help you see great results for your effort.
If you email your thank you through
- Send the email immediately after their purchase
- Use the subject line to write something positive
- Keep the text brief and memorable
- Avoid any and all sales or links to other products you have, this is a thank you, zero strings attached.
Nice to do but not essential
- Offer a gift, promo or future discount (no sales)
- Follow up with a customer feedback email at a later point
If you include a THANK YOU NOTE
- Make it stand out. It needs to be a different size and colour to the product and packaging so the customer will notice it easily
- Include your branding (think colour, images, logo or letterhead)
- Personalise it as much as you can
- If at all possible, handwrite your business name or include something handwritten like a signature
Here’s a few examples of messages to help get you in the mood. Remember, it’s about your customer and what your business offers so get creative, get personal and be sincere.
17 touching thank you notes
- Thank you for your purchase from [company name]. We are so happy we could help you take the next step to success.
- Thank you for taking the time to make the right choice with [company name]. We love when we get a perfect match.
- Just wanted to say thank you for your purchase. I’m so glad we found each other.
- Thank you for being a/n [company name] customer. We sincerely appreciate your business.
- Thank you for choosing to work with [company name]. We are excited to have this opportunity to excel.
- Many thanks for your purchase today. Your health and happiness is our top priority. See you again soon!
- Thank you, valued customer for your support and belief in us. We promise that we will work hard to exceed your expectations.
- We at [company name] are so happy with your purchase. If there is anything you need please get in touch, we’d love to hear about your experience.
- Thank you! It was a pleasure doing business with you. Please drop by again soon.
- Oh, you picked us, out of everyone! We are touched, tickled and joyous that you did so. Thanks a bunch, you did great!
- Thank you for putting your trust in our business. This is the start of something big.
- You are the reason we do what we do. Thank you so much for making it possible, sincerely [company name].
- [company name] would like to say thanks to awesome customers like you for your amazing loyalty and support. You rock!
- Thank you. That was awesome, I hope you found it awesome too. We really hope we can see you again.
- We want to thank you for being part of our business growth. We are so excited by how well [company name] is doing and we will continue to provide the best products and service we possibly can to make sure you stay smiling.
- We sincerely hope you enjoy your purchase! Thank you for coming and be sure to have a wonderful day.
- Thanks so much for the assignment you provided [company name]. It is sincerely appreciated.
Thank you for reading through this article, we really appreciate you taking the time!